Monday, June 19, 2017

Read an exclusive excerpt from Hammer

Read an exclusive excerpt of Book 1 Hammer

A soft thump came from the direction of her office door. “Look, I’m sorry.” Came a deep voice through the wood. “I wasn’t trying to run you over.”
She huffed a breath, glaring at the door. She didn't want to start trouble her first day on the job, so deciding it might be best to let bygones be bygones, she walked over and opened the door.
“I’m sorry too, I’m new here obviously, and this is my first day. I don’t want to start off making enemies, so I say we forget it and start over. My name is Leah, Leah Mathews. It’s nice to meet you.”
He smiled slowly as she waited for him to answer. “Jonathan Davis, but everyone around here calls me Hammer. Nice to meet you Leah.”
He cleared his throat, “What do you say I make it up to you. Have dinner with me? I know this great little place down the hall.” He said with a smile.
She rolled her eyes as she realised he was talking about the mess hall. Her belly decided the moment for her, choosing to growl and gurgle loudly in the quiet moment. He laughed, mesmerizing her as his entire being seemed to light up.
He leaned in close to her, reaching around her to close the office door. She couldn't help but inhale his rich smoky scent.
“Shall we?” He asked, pulling her down the corridor, back in the direction of the mess hall.

Hammer is FREE with Kindle Unlimited!

No comments:

Post a Comment