Monday, March 12, 2018

And The Results Are In!

Ohh, talk about ending on a cliff hanger!!!

I had my own assumptions about Ultrima, and I was pleased to find that I was correct.

FINALLY, we're getting somewhere in this Romeo/Juliet blood feud between dragon clans.

I ended up rating this one as four stars, because it was sooooo long and again, I felt bored in places and found myself skipping pages of the same repeated inner dialogue of insecurities from BOTH characters!

Neither Verrian or Lisa have any kind of confidence in themselves, and it's repeated over and over and over and over again throughout this entire story.

I really got sick of hearing the same feelings of not being good enough, like a broken record that just keeps skipping over the same track.

It continued, even AFTER both characters proved they were more than capable throughout this adventure from dragon battles by Verrian and quick thinking by Lisa.

It really ruined some of the story for me, and I just couldn't give it five stars because of that!

Other than that, the story itself was really good. Lots of action and adventure to keep you entertained, even with the repeated inner dialogue.

This is the last book in the series currently available, so I will be keeping an eye out for future releases. I will be coming to get the rest of these Dragon's story!

Be sure to come back for next week's edition of Books That Don't Suck Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment